Thursday 6 January 2011

How To Attract My Target Audience.

Paramore Front Cover
Originally uploaded by JoshBatch2009

After analysisng Kerrang! I have found that to bring in their teenage
audience Kerrang! usually put the frontman/woman on the issue's
front cover although it uses the band's name. It uses this because
often the singer has sex appeal so young boys and girls will
want to read the magazine to see their favourite band or a singer they think
is attractive.

I havn't decided to do this because I draw my influence from Rock Sound and they are all about the music, they want to show the readers new BANDS not MUSICIANS. So I hope that my magazine would share the same audience as Rock Sound, because my friends in my social group are my target audience and with talking to them they have said that they do like the singers in bands but all listen to bands for the music and not just the appearance of the singer.

Also, another thing I have used that I have used from Rock Sound is a free cd sticker section, so that the readers can read about the bands but then they are able to listen to them. It is known that a magazine sells better if a freebie is involved because the reader feels that they are getting more for an amount that is slighty higher than a weekly magazine e.g Kerrang!

No comments:

Post a Comment